Sunday, October 18, 2009

Georgia-Cross Race 2

The second cross race of the series was held in Dahlonega today. Good weather, good course, good beer, what more could you ask for. Steph and I made the 3 hour trip up this morning. I was nervous not knowing what to expect of the course. I got there, checked in and pre-rode the course. My initial reaction of the course was that it was really rough. Once I lined up they started calling the top 10 up and luckily I was 7th last week so I got a front row spot. Once we started I faded back a bit but decided not to kill myself. I started picking riders off one by one. I think I passed 3 or 4 riders that either missed a turn due to too much speed or them falling over in the slick corners. The course was all the way down and all the way up. I don't think there was a flat spot on the course. If it seemed flat it was a false one or it was really off camber. The run up each lap to the start/finish was steep. After a few laps I figured out the best lines and just stayed the course for the remainder. I didn't even get into my big ring today. There was a good down hill but by the time you really picked up speed you had a sharp right hand off camber turn coming up. I ended up placing 5th overall. I am extremely happy with my performance.


I am taking tomorrow off and starting Tuesday getting ready for the Augusta venue.

Here are some pictures.




1 comment:

ETSX Rider said...

Charles way to go man, sounds like your getting into you race rythem out there pretty good. Keep that up you will be standing at the top of the Podium at the end of the year for overall.