Friday, May 30, 2008

Well, Thursday I decided I wanted to ride with the Thursday group. So I rode the 8 miles to the start and proceeded to get demoralized all the way until the 1/2 way point, maybe. (I would show pictures but forgot the camera at the shop). I am still building base and it was just to hard for me to hang on. I will get there, I just need more time in the saddle. I cruised on back in, ego hurt....but oh well.

I was able to get in some quality hours on the bike this week as well as some good running. I have a run tomorrow morning (Saturday) with Derek. I figure around 8-9 miles or so. I want to check out some new dirt roads I have discovered. That should be fun. On Sunday its back on the bike for Derek's Birthday Ride. It should be around 50 miles or so. I plan on keeping it easy. If the pace gets high I will be in the pack. I will not be the antagonist of that.

Is anyone interested in racing for The Bike Store for the Georgia Cyclo-Cross season? We will have gear (bibs, jerseys) ready by July and then more gear (vests, jackets, etc.) will be ordered for the fall. I want the riders to be interested in the Georgia series but we might travel up to Kentucky for a UCI race or two and I would love to consider nationals, its a long shot but if we can't do it this year we can about it for next year. If anyone is interested let me know via email at: creeves29@hotmail.com. Please let me know in the next month or so so I can plan. Below is me, driving by myself to Augusta and back, by myself, lonely, no team to share the drive.

Thanks!

No comments: