Monday, May 26, 2008







Chip, Chris, and I rode up to Heritage Park outside Athens, Ga and completed one of the GSC/SERC races. Chris placed 4th and Chip, with two flats still managed a solid 8th. We drove in style with the trailer being pulled by the BS Express.

I managed to enter the woods in 3rd and held the spot for about a mile or so until I decided to crash. Not to toot my own horn but I don't go down to often and this race I managed to go down 3 times. I ended up placing 11th, I managed to give up 9th and 10th place in the last 50 yards but I am not in it for points. I just wanted to get a good hard workout. I did that the first lap and maybe some of the 2nd lap. I ended up cruising pretty much all of the 2nd lap to keep from tapping into my reserves. I was already cramping just a tad. I kind of expected that considering the heat and the lack of hard riding on the mtb. It was fun though. I know I am going to race at the Pig but I don't know about anything else. My training is already taken up by running for the Stumpjump 50K and gearing up for cross.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: