Friday, January 16, 2009

Pre Half Marathon

Well the bag is packed for the half marathon run tomorrow morning. It is going to be cold.

The Craft gear is the number one choice for baselayers and headwear for myself.

Hammer Nutrition will be keeping me topped off on my energy stores before, during, and after.

My shoes of choice for the run will be the Brooks Cascadia 3. I know its a trail shoe but through countless miles I have found that this shoe is the right choice. I guess its kind of like riding a cyclo-cross bike on the road. It just fits for me.

My socks of choice will be the Trek Oslo extreme weather sock.
When you've got to ride no matter how cold or wet the weather is, slip on the Oslos. These Nordic beauties boast wicking SST polypropylene uppers for warmth and extra-high cuffs that fit perfectly under leg warmers and tights. The CoolMax padding at the toes, heels and footbeds keeps out the cold and keeps in the dry comfort. Plus, there's heavy-duty elastic ribbing for support and padding at the heels for comfort and protection.

I will let everyone know with my results tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: