Sunday, December 23, 2007

BEANS AND A GOOD READ

Its been awhile. I apologize. I have been busy and sick as of lately. Two things that I want to bring up.

One, I tried out some new coffee that one of my friends, Chris bought me. It is from Ravens Brew. I am drinking a cup right now. I have to say it is one of the best cups of coffee I have had out of my coffee pot in a long time. Here is a little description(its cracks me up every time) of the coffee:

"Got Goat? Get it! One of our three most popular selections by professional baristas. Velvety mouthfeel and superb body. Uncanny high notes of fruity sweetness on top of a dry-chocolatey flavor base. Explore the exotic effulgences of Arabia and the spicy redolences of India as you stroll your palate through fields of wild flowers and citrus groves. An epiphanous panoply of flavor in liquid-jewel form. Crudely named, but aptly famed. Also available in Certified Organic form. Dark Roast."

"A brew that is too placid
may leave a billy flaccid.
But three willies on a billy,
is that too many for a nanny?
If not, then your billy should sup
from the cup that keeps him up.
So fill his cup or apply as a lotion,
then enjoy his three-stroke motion."

At least I thought it was funny.


The other thing I wanted to talk about was what I saw this morning on TV. Most people don't know that I read a lot. I am always on the lookout for the next great read. I am not one of those people that can read a book in one or two afternoons. It takes me awhile to read one. I only read right before bed time to help me go to sleep so it takes me a while to read an entire book. I don't like fiction books, what I really like is books about people and how something has helped change their lives or something to do with the wilderness or cycling/running. Well my wife and I watch CBS News Sunday Morning every week and this weekend they had a story about Michael Gill and how Starbucks saved his life. It looks like a good read. I have to wait and see what book or books I get for the holidays and decide when I want to purchase it.

No comments: