Sunday, November 4, 2007



Good warm up


The Pro12 field. Tim Barrett leading all day with the chase group a ways behind.


Well today was another mechanical. Lets recap shall we. Conyers, crank breaks off spindle, Ft. Yargo, could not attend due to death in family, and Monroe, front derailleur slips into big ring of crank (Dave from Thomson and I could only figure I must of hit it with my right foot while remounting the bicycle. It happened on the second lap after passing the pits so I had to wait until I rode past it again later in the lap to switch to my hardtail. So while I was trying to stay composed I also had to keep everyone in site. Well that didn't happen. So I decided I would keep racing but pretty much all by myself in the back. I did eventually pass some people.

All in all it certainly does suck but stuff like that you really can't help. If it was something I could have prevented with normal maintenance its one thing but these two mechanicals just popped up. My last mechanical before this season was back in 2002 when my handlebar broke. 3 mechanicals/freak accidents in about 6 years, not bad. I will keep trucking and push on towards Macons race this weekend coming up.

I also have to start getting ready for a half marathon coming up in January. I will just start adding more running into my schedule. I just want to finish around 1:34 which is about 7:10 per mile pace.

Speaking of running the olympic trials for the marathon were held in NYC this weekend. My man Ryan Hall won, Dathan Ritzenhein and the hard working Brian Sell placed behind to finish up the top 3. They will represent the USA in the upcoming olympics next year. Ryan broke 2:10, sub 5:00 mile pace. Check out some interviews at Flocasts.

No comments: