Monday, December 8, 2008

I went to Athens yesterday to ride and hang out with my brother. I had a 50 miler planned but after the 34 miles of battling some of the winds my brother and I were pretty much fried. In the past it wouldn't have bothered me but I just started my base after pretty much a year off the bike.

I layered pretty well but I think I was bundled up to much. I started to sweat abit when we had a tail wind but when the wind hit us I could really feel it. I ended up using my Craft wind blocker top and bottom. Along with The Bike Store kit, Pearl Izumi arm/leg warmers, PI amfib shoe covers, with PI lobster mits (my hands get really cold). My socks were the Trek Oslo Extreme weather. Craft head cover and a wind vest. Lots of thin layers is the way i like to do it.

I have been trying out some new equipment:
Vredstein Fortezza SE (training tire)
Shimano Ultegra SL pedals
Shimano R131 shoes (2008 version)
Sigma Rox 9.0 computer (only one ride)

I will have some more info as i put more miles on everything.

My Storck CD 1.0 is kicking butt. It is so smooth especially with the Bontrager Classics wheelset.....very smooth. Speaking of Storck,

More about Vanderkitten here and here.

No comments: